Call for Proposals
Today’s UC student community is increasingly diverse and must navigate evolving challenges in order to achieve academically. More than ever, UC advisors must employ innovative advising practices and strategies that facilitate timely degree completion and equip students for success beyond the university.
In the spirit of our theme, "Building Bridges: Transformational Advising To, Through, and Beyond", the 2017 UC Academic Advising Conference will spotlight effective advising, connect advisors across the UC system, and share a wide spectrum of advising subject matter expertise. In doing so, the conference will facilitate the development of advisor competencies that improve student success and advising innovations that are responsive to diverse needs of UC students.
Building Bridges: Transformational Advising To, Through, and Beyond
The conference committee invites proposals that reflect the 2017 theme and address one or more of the following topics:
● Advising strategies that facilitate improved retention and time to degree.
● Advising strategies that improve campus climate and utilization of campus resources.
● Strengthening the community college “pipeline” of transfer students to UC.
● Expanding/improving advising core competencies.
● Advising technology tools/resources that create efficiencies for students and advisors.
● Awareness of student basic needs (food and housing) and available resources.
● Advising issues related to graduate student populations.
● Supportive advising for highly marginalized student populations.
● Supporting students in light of the current political climate
● Transfer student issues.
● Serving the growing student-veteran population.
● Undocumented student issues.
● Emerging student populations.
The online application for proposals will open on November 21 and remain open until 5pm on December 19, 2016. Those submitting proposals that are accepted to present would be notified in late January 2017.